The history of the school


  • 1872: Meath Industrial School was founded by the 12th Earl of Meath
  • 1892: The Meath Industrial School for Protestant girls was built.
  • 1902: There were 91 names on the roll and the left wing was built.
  • 1914: During the war the building was used as a convalescent home for soldiers.
  • 1919: The Govenors of the Royal Drummond Institute, Chapleizod, purchased the building as their building in Chapelizod was inadequate.
  • 1919-1943: Refugees from Belgium, Holland and France were house and educated in the Drummond Institute.
  • 1944: The number of pupils having decreased, the Govenors sold the building to the Loreto Nuns for £9,000.
  • 1945: The right wing was added and St. Patrick’s school was officially opened.
  • 1975: A six classroom block was built.
  • 1988: The school was totally refurbished with restructuring of some classrooms and as extension to the hall.
  • 1984/1986/1994: New prefabricated classrooms were added.
  • 2003: 7 new classrooms and ancilliary accommodation were added.